East Mountain Library Amphitheater
Location: Tijeras, NM
Client: Bernalillo County/ABC Library
16,000 square feet of turf landscape was transformed into a beautiful xeriscape garden utilizing low water/xeric plantings that are native or adapted to the unique East Mountain Climate. Other key components:
- “Rain Garden” utilizing roof and storm water runoff.
- Replace high water use turf in narrow, semicircular, stepped planters with artificial turf.
- Replace existing turf spray systems with high efficiency, low precipitation rate sprinklers.
- Commitment to the Environment: rock mulches and boulders purchased from a nearby quarry, recycling of removed turf grass, and water use reduction.
- Demonstration Xeriscape garden for East Mountain Residents